Friday, January 9, 2009

untitled 124 work in progress


Here is today's work in progress. This is a free formed fiberglass bowl that I created. I have kept it very natural with no sanding. In person it seems to resemble frozen water. My new materials I have chosen to replace the seagrass have proven a difficult challenge but it only took a row of coiling to realize how delicate this piece will look. My goal is to coil about 6 inches using the copper wire. Note to self, copper wire is very time consuming to coil but the end effect is well worth it. I estimate untitled 124 to be 16 X 16 completed.

2 comments:

  1. this looks really amazing! I can't wait to see it finished. I hope you're doing well...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I want to bring it over next time we get together so you can see it in person. I still need to post a picture of it on here but it looks better in person.

    ReplyDelete